Sunday, July 12, 2015

New Print!

When I first got into this print obsession, I found a print that had just been released, but sold out instantly. I was extremely interested because it was based off of the early 90's movie, Muppets Christmas Carol. For some strange reason, I have always had some serious love for Muppets, and that movie in particular.  So I set out to eBay, and was blown away by some listings that were in the $100-$150 range, which I was not ok with. I ended up finding the artist on Facebook because I loved his artwork, and at some point, he posted that he had just gotten back his proof prints for the Muppets piece that I wanted. I reached out, explained that i'd be interested, and he happily sold me one of the five proofs that he got back. This did kind of ruin a birthday present because my wife was actually going to get it for me :( She ended up insisting on buying it for me, so I got a B-Day present 2 months early.

After a three week journey from the UK, it finally got here. 



I then held on to it for a few weeks, took it to Hobby Lobby, and sent it off for a custom frame. After a longer-than-usual stay at Hobby Lobby, Kermit returned home! 


The print was a very weird size, I almost want to say 15x22 or something, so that was a major reason why I needed to look at a number of different options. I opted to stay away from any boarder because I did not want to take away the signature or margin. So instead, I opted for a frame that just a splash of color. 



4 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Looks fantastic! Great color choice on the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That print is awesome! Haven't watched The Muppets in close to three decades, but I will always be able to appreciate Kermit the Frog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ហ្គេមស្លត់

    ReplyDelete